Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.25.0
- TestReviewer app supports batch conversion of TestRecorder archive files to PDF, Word or RTF.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.24.0
- Version of the Recorder application saved in archive and printed in reports.
- Fixed occasional error when recording to a mapped drive.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.23.0
- Remote Desktop Support
TestRecorder now supports capturing key events from remote desktop sessions.
Auto Update: The auto updater is incorrectly reporting this release as being invalid. Please ignore this warning and install as normal.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.22.2
- Fixed PDF print issue on fresh installs.
- Resolved saving to custom folders incorrectly reporting that the user could not write to the folder.
- Resolved a recording startup timing issue that occasionally caused an error during recording initialisation.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.21.992
- File export is now available to Word (version 2007 on) and RTF as well as the existing PDF format. It is not necessary to have Word installed on your computer to export to this format.
- When a recording is stopped a final screen capture is taken. This is to allow for automated screen changes to be captured, e.g. a web page changing.
- Some users were reporting that the recorder continually informed them that it was still saving data and would not close. This has been addressed.
Versions 1.14 through 1.20 were not publicly released.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.13.969
- Taskbar buttons have been added (for Windows 7 onwards) that allow control of a recording from the Recorder's taskbar icon. Screen shot below.
- Taskbar icon overlay added to show current state of Recorder (Recording, Paused, etc.).
- New option in the General options tab to automatically minimise the Recorder when a recording starts.
- The Options dialog occasionally asked the user to confirm changes even if none had been made.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.12.961
New Feature - Floating Licenses
TestEvidence has always allowed collaborative use of its licenses via the deactivation feature that permits a machine based license to be transferred to another computer. We still believe this to be an acceptable trade off between cost per license and flexibility for our customers.
Our larger customers have asked for a more flexible enterprise license and this is now available. An enterprise floating license may be activated by any user, provided that the total number of seats in simultaneous use does not exceed the number of licenses purchased. When the user closes the TestEvidence applications their license is automatically freed up for another user.
Floating licenses are 2.5x the cost of machine based licenses. We will be updating the purchase page on the website soon, but we can give you a customised quote if you get in touch at email@example.com
New Feature - Secret Key Capture
One of our customers wanted the ability to have their testers be seen to be entering passwords without the reviewer knowing what had been typed. At any time during a recording the Secret Keys function may be turned on and all key strokes will then be recorded as #s until the feature is turned back off again.
- The select application drop down for Single Application Recording is now initially sorted by process name rather than window caption.
- Selecting a new target folder for saving recordings now performs a permissions check to ensure you have write access to it.
- License deactivation would occasionally fail. We believe we have now resolved this.
- Reviewer event navigation controls truncated when many hundreds of events were recorded.
- Submission of error reports when creating the .tra file were not being sent to us!
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.11.942
New Feature - User Selectable Filenames
Users can now specify an archive's filename when a recording is stopped.
This is enabled via the Options dialog's Archive Files tab.
The single application recording feature now fully supports identifying and capturing all child windows of an application.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.10.936
New Feature - Single Application Recording
We have added the ability for the Test Recorder to capture input to a single application rather than a whole desktop.
This feature should be regarded as experimental and we welcome your feedback on any issues you experience with it.
New Feature - Copy Screen Image to Clipboard
We have added a button to the toolbar (Copy Image) that copies the currently visible screen image to the clipboard.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.9.933
New Feature - Reviewer - Ribbon Bar
Later this year we will be introducing the ability for reviewers to graphically annotate screen shots. However it quickly became clear during design sessions that the existing interface was not up to the job. So, as a first step, we have added a new Office like ribbon control to the reviewer which will allow us to expand the functionality going forward. There's a screen shot of the new look later in this document.
Note: Implementing the ribbon bar has required us to move on from the client 4.0 version of the .Net Framework to version 4.5.1. The installer checks for this and alerts you if this is not installed.
.Net 4.5.1 can be installed here from the Microsoft website.
There is more to this release than a new UI though...
New Feature - Recorder & Reviewer - User Notes During Recording
The user who is making a recording can now add textural annotations at any point during a recording. This results in a new event type (Note) appearing in the event navigator and the user's annotation shown on the screen.
The Recorder's screen has been slightly redesigned to allow for this extra functionality and to make the shortcut keys more obvious.
New Feature - Reviewer - Selectable Event Export to PDF
Several customers have requested the ability to pre-filter the events passed to the PDF export. We have implemented two complementary ways to achieve this:
- Globally turning on or off whole event categories. You can now choose to show or hide all mouse, key, pause or notation events.
- Selecting individual events. The event navigator now has a checkbox on each row. The PDF export dialogue now allows you to specify if you want to export all events or just the selected ones.
The PDF cover page adds notes to alert the reader if either of the above filters has been applied.
Windows 10 Compatibility
We have been testing the Test Evidence suite on an early release of Windows 10 and are pleased to report that we have not found any compatibility issues.
The new look Reviewer running on Windows 10.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.8.915
New Feature - Hot Keys
This release introduces a new global hot keys feature. This allows users to start, pause and stop
TestRecorder via the keyboard without having to navigate to the TestRecorder application.
The hot keys are configued via the Options dialog. The program checks that the selected key combination
is available (each hot key combination can only be registered once across all programs on a computer).
The hot keys are enabled by default and map to:
- Start Recording - Alt + Ctrl + S
- Pause Recording - Alt + Ctrl + P
- Stop Recording - Alt + Ctrl + E
The Options dialog has been redesigned to use tabs to support the growing number of settings. All previous
options are still available.
Checks that the user has write access to their local app data folders and displays an error if they don't.
TestRecorder requires write access to these folders and users normally have this permission by default.
Release Notes - TestEvidenceSuite - Version 1.7.895
This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
Fixes and Minor Changes
- Recording of single displays in multiple display setups correctly producing TRA archives.
- Usage of the term "Display" in place of "Screen" now consistent across the suite.
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.6.881This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
- Added support for devices with high DPI settings.
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.5.862This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
Selective Recording of Mouse Events
The options page now allows you to determine which mouse events are recorded. You can select any combination of Down, Up
or Double Click.
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.4.854This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
Ability to open raw recordings
If the host computer crashes during a recording then the .tra archive is not assembled. In this release we have added the
ability to directly open the raw recording files. To use this select the "Raw Recording" file type at the bottom
right of the Open Archive dialog box.
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.3.715This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
- Recording history may now be set up to 999 minutes.
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.2.669
An archive file may now be exported as a PDF document from the Test Player using the Export to PDF option on the File
Release Notes - Test Evidence Suite - Version 1.1.618This release includes the following fixes and enhancements:
- Fixed issue where opening an archive in the Test Reviewer causes an error if an archive is already open.
- Fixed issue where long recording sessions were not properly removing old image files.
- User comments dialog may be closed with Ctrl+Enter keys.
- Added Ctrl-O shortcut on Reviewer to open archive.